[RTTY] RTTY WPX AA5VU SOAB HP

J. Edward (Ed) Muns w0yk at msn.com
Mon Feb 11 01:14:37 EST 2008

Hi, Dick.  (First of all, thanks for the four contacts this weekend!)

On your QSO elimination below, this will guarantee the other station gets a
NIL penalty.  I'd recommend you put the QSO data back in and resubmit your
log.  That way, there is a good possibility that Paulo's log checker will
NOT give the other guy a NIL penalty.  It will see that your log has a QSO
at the proper time but YOU busted the call sign.  If the robot won't accept
a serial number as a "call sign", then put in your own call sign to have a
valid call sign, but result in the log checker not counting the QSO for you,
but still validating the QSO for the other station.  Especially if you did
get the serial number properly logged.

In general, is it always best to never eliminate anything from your log.
The various log checking software, and the log checkers themselves, go to
great lengths to deal appropriately with these issues.  And, to help them do
their job, they need all of our log data, not just what we think is
relevant.

73,
Ed - P49X (W0YK)