[RTTY] The dreaded QSO B4 macro (was: RTTY WPX ZC4LI SOSB/20 HP)

W6SX Hank Garretson w6sx at npgcable.com
Wed Feb 13 17:46:47 EST 2008

At 02:07 PM 13 02 2008, Tom Osborne, W7WHY wrote:

>But, if he'd just worked you, you both would have won anyway, and in less
>time :-)

Good point.  Maybe he would have won and I would have lost.  Not sure
how they score something like that.  Perhaps I would have been
penalized for busting the first QSO call.  He probably would (should)
have come out clean since he didn't goof.

In any case, I am a proponent of work 'em as many times as they want
to be worked.

> > I had a good experience with "The dreaded QSO B4 macro" in CQ WPX.  I
> > called a chap, and he immediately responded with something on the
> > order of  "QSO B4 0053Z 9 Nov 2008."  I didn't argue with him,
> > although he definitely wasn't in my log.  What I did do was go back
> > and check the stated time.  Sure enough, I had botched his call.  It
> > was close enough to recognize (one letter off).  I fixed the call,
> > and we both won.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

8083 feet elevation in John Muir's Range of Light