[RTTY] PSK TURNOVER SPEED...

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Wed Feb 20 20:42:00 EST 2008

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:36:08 -0800, Kok Chen <chen at mac.com> wrote:

>To set the record straight -- if your rig has been adjusted properly,
>you don't swamp anyone.    Unless you are exceeding their receiver's
>dynamic range, but that is not a mode-specific problem.

Apparently the PSK gang's dynamic range is easily exceeded, especially
when using the waterfall. All I know is if you run legal limit power in
the PSK "band" you are a Very Bad Person.

With RTTY and HP and narrow filters, there is rarely a problem, at least
from my perspective. I run an ICOM IC-756Pro3 with the 250 Hz filter and
if the adjacent channel sig is out of the passband, it has no effect at
all, no matter how loud. Perhaps if my friend W6LQR who lives about
three blocks away ever gets on RTTY, I might change my tune. :-)

73, Bill W6WRT