[RTTY] Microham RTTY

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Thu Feb 28 17:20:33 EST 2008

Hi all,

Just a bit more explanation, as I think I confused things with the word
"diddle". The sound when they were just "diddle when idle" was quite
distinct, but the effect was also noted when they were transmitting.

Alan N7BF has made some useful comments that perhaps explain things a little
more clearly.
And also, Andrei NP3D has the same sound, as someone else pointed out. Maybe
Andrei can confirm whether he uses a Microham?

Yes, I think it was the words/characters that were coming out slowly, or
seemingly slower than usual.
It's hard to describe, but it is common, and seems to happen most often when
users are using the Microham unit.

I'll check in the morning (on my shack PC) where I think I may have actually
recorded some of the RTTY sigs from VP6DX.

And Peters' suggestion that it is the Farnsworth method has to win a prize!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP