[RTTY] LoTW and cards (Re: VP6DX on LoTW

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Fri Feb 29 09:46:56 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:03 AM, Dick Kriss <aa5vu at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  I upload all logs to LoTW but my DXCC totals are 100%
>  with QSL cards.

Here's my thing and maybe you can help.  I have a whopping 87
confirmed out of 119 worked, all with paper thankyouverymuch.

I'm sure if I uploaded by logs (only about 6k Qs), I'd have DXCC
confirmed.  But I don't want to, at least not yet.  I'd like to get to
100 with paper, have them checked by an actual card checker ... and
then start doing LoTW.

Is there a way to upload my logs and just continue on my merry (slow)
way with paper until I actually get invited into the "club"?

I like the cards and I'll miss them when I go to LoTW, but it's
really, really hard to get cards (especially, it seems, from K
stations ... even when you include SASEs).

"The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government
strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and
a people strong enough and well enough informed to
maintain its sovereign control over its government." - FDR