[RTTY] FT-920 & Rigblaster Pro?

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 2 12:17:54 EDT 2008

> Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:38:36 -0400
> From: "Scott Long" <k8sm at windstream.net>
> Subject: [RTTY] FT-920 & Rigblaster Pro?
> To: <rtty at contesting.com>
> Cc: Dave N2KNC <n2knc at yahoo.com>
>
> Does anyone on here use the FT-920 and Rigblaster Pro?  I have a friend
who
> wants to get on RTTY using FSK with his FT-920.  He just purchased a used
> Rigblaster Pro with all of the cables.  I use the Rigblaster Plus.  I am
> trying to help in getting his cables connected.  On my Rigblaster Plus I
> take the keyout (1/8" mini plug) to the DATA (pins 1 &2) to the back of
the
> 920.  What port does he use from the Pro to the DATA port on the 920?
>

> His name is Dave (N2KNC) and I am copying him on this email.  Can someone
> helps us out here?

Scott,

Looks like the Data DIN on the back of the radio is switch selectable
between FSK and AFSK. So first is to change to FSK.  You'll then take the
FSK output of the Pro, and connect the 2 lines to Pin1 (Shift) and Pin 2
(Gnd).  You'll then connect the Pin 4 (Data Out) to the audio in on the Pro.
If you're not connecting the Mic cable to the front of the radio, you could
alternately use Pin 3 (PTT) to key the rig.  The pro will exert PTT through
the Mic cable if you use it, so you could bypass the PTT on the rear if you
wanted to.  Just be sure to set the jumper configuration on the Pro to the
Yaesu standard so it knows where to route what to what pin on the mic jack
on the front.

They all appear to be common ground, PTT, FSK, and Audio.  So tie those 3
together and bring them to their respective ports on the Pro.  The rest is
as above.

Charlie
KI5XP