[RTTY] NAQP 40/80 meters

IronmanY2k IronmanY2K at triathlete.com
Thu Jul 17 14:52:30 EDT 2008

As we all know the NAQP is this Saturday.  Single Ops are allowed to operate 10
of the 12 hours.  I know that many east coast station operate the first 10
hours since the last two hours would keep them up to 2:00 AM (0600z) on Sunday
morning.  The only problem with this is that the west coast doesn't even
start to get dark until 8:00 PM (0300z).  We won't have any decent 80m/40m
propagation until 9:00PM (0400Z) which is when a lot of east coast stations are
ending their 10 hours of operating.

In order for us all to maximize band multipliers it would help us all out if you
guys/gals on the east could also operate the next to last hour (0400-0500Z) of
the contest on 40/80meters.

Also, to check propagation I will be on 28.085Mhz half an hour before the
contest in case anyone wants to see if 10m is open.  Once the contest starts I
will QSY from this freq so no can say I am holding a freq or setting up a sked.

Hope to CU all there.

73, Jim
AD6WL