[RTTY] U.S.A CONTEST

Tom Moore wx4tm at tm-moore.com
Tue Jul 22 10:08:02 EDT 2008

I've been watching this thread.  Its a reflection of whats wrong with much
of our society today. I'm old and running out of patience with it.  Everyone
seems to want to quickly blame the contest rules, or something/somebody else
when, 99 times out of a hundred, its their own fault. They're simply too
dang lazy to go READ the rules in their entirety.  Honestly folks, this is
basic 5th grade stuff. READ THE RULES. I understand. There's always the
possibility of the unexplained exception.  But when its CLEARLY in the RULES
or DIRECTIONS, there's really no excuse except PURE LAZINESS. Check and
re-check before you open mouth and insert foot! I come from the 'common
sense' responsible generation where one who wants to play in a contest
spends at least some time STUDYING the rules BEFORE the contest. If I missed
something and complained about it afterwards and someone showed me the
answer was there all along, I'd really be super embarassed with egg all over
my face. I'm not sorry. If you want to play w/o reading/studying the rules
FIRST then get upset because you feel jilted or left out because you think
the rules weren't right or whatever, I really can't find it in me to feel
any sympathy for you nor do I care one wit whether you play again or not.
And don't even think "this ain't fair, you're not a good elmer". BULL! I'll
show you and help you, but I sure as *&^% ain't gonna do it for you. "You
can lead them to the water but you can't make'em drink"! There. Got that off
my chest. I need a cup of coffee and a donut. And now I expect I'm gonna
hear all about why my attitude is whats wrong with amateur radio today.

let the flames roll.

Tom WX4TM