[RTTY] Comments on TX5C RTTY Operations

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 16:57:47 EDT 2008

At 04:09 PM 3/12/2008, you wrote:

><SNIP>I also tinker with the CALL buffer, sometimes sending my call
>twice, with no
>DE, and sometimes leaving the DE in.<SNIP>
>Phil GU0SUP

I can't see any need for a DE in either a contest or DX run
situation. I can't imagine how it can contribute positively to the objective.

Ragchew, yes. Otherwise, no.

BUT - I make sure there is a space before and after my callsign in
the buffer. Also, only one call in the buffer. If I need more I just
press the buffer key more, and they all chain together.

No need for the K, BK, or KN either - the other station knows what to
do when your carrier drops.

Jerry W4UK