[RTTY] Comments on TX5C RTTY Operations

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Wed Mar 12 17:25:23 EDT 2008

Hi Jerry,

I am still unsure about the use of the DE. Some software, especially contest
software such as Writelog and N1MM seem to be able to cope without it quite
neatly.
BUT, I am not so sure whether all software handles the situation similarly.

I have often found that using just the space before my call results in my
call being received incorrectly, so I still keep it to hand, and use it when
I think it may be needed.
I have thought it may be down to getting the correct start bit, but I really
cannot be sure.

I'd appreciate any constructive thoughts on this!

And no, the BK, K and KN merely serve to break the natural flow of things,
and even worse are those that send PSE KKKK at the end!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP