[RTTY] 17m RTTY from ZS2

Andrei Stchislenok asnp3d at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 15:45:02 EDT 2008

Hi Barry,
Congrats on New Band.

I dont have a super antenna on WARC but will be looking for you.
Just went there 20 minutes ago and worked a New One CW mode for me - 5T5DC,
which is not far from your place. Hopefully will catch you soon on RTTY.

73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

2008/3/15, Barry Murrell ZS2EZ <zs2ez at zs2ez.co.za>:

> Hi All
>
> After a long wait and several hiccups along the way I finally have my WARC
> beam (a Cushcraft A3WS with 30m kit) up and operational. It is about 30 ft
> above the ground. First couple of nights operating on 17m has been quite
> promising - only had limited time available, but have added 64 RTTY Q's,
> with over 30 different DXCC entities. I am running barefoot (100W) from my
> Kenwood TS-870S, using AA6YQ's WinWarbler software (with MMTTY engine),
> logging directly into DXKeeper. As this is fairly new to me (only started
> using DXKeeper from the beginning of January) I am having a few problems
> with lockups, but it is slowly coming right. A lot of my problems seem to
> be
> related to my callbook CD, but there is still another niggling problem to
> sort out.
>
> If there is anyone who needs ZS on 17m, I will be active on or around
> 18.105
> pretty much every evening from around 16h30 UTC for the next couple of
> weeks. Normally break for supper around 17h00, but will come back after
> that. If anyone wants a sked on 17 (or any other band for that matter -
> except 80 and 160!) just drop me an email and I will try to accommodate
> you!
>

> First night on 17 got me 8 states - TX, IN, OK, IA, MN, OH, AL and FL.
>
> Hope to see many familiar calls on 17!
>

> 73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ
> KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa
> Member: SARL - ARRL - SA AMSAT - PEARS
> DXCC(mixed)#41,146  WAS(RTTY)#538  WAZ(RTTY)PENDING

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D
WAS RTTY #455 from NY(all via LoTW)
WAS RTTY #549 from MA (all via LoTW)