[RTTY] New six meter award and RTTY question

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Wed Mar 19 11:55:26 EDT 2008

The ARRL has announced a new award for six meter operators, details
below. This award is for working all 488 grid squares in the continental
United States, mixed mode. It makes me wonder if anyone has worked all
states on six meter RTTY? Does anyone know?

If you have some six meter RTTY states worked, I'd like to hear about
it. Please list your totals here.

ARRL announcement:

RRL Contest Branch Manager, Sean KX9X writes to let us know, "The
ARRL is pleased to announce a new VHF achievement award in the name
of Fred Fish, W5FF (SK). This award <http://www.arrl.org/awards/ffma>
honors Fred's singular achievement of working and confirming all 488
grid squares in the 48 contiguous United States on 6 meters. We hope
this award will help promote activity on 6 meters and encourage the
activation of rare grid squares, DXpedition-style."

If memory serves me, Fred was the first to achieve DXCC on six meters, a
truly remarkable accomplishment.

73, Bill W6WRT