[RTTY] New six meter award and RTTY question

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 20 23:14:53 EDT 2008

I have worked six states on six meter RTTY.

I worked AD4EB (TN), W0RAA (CO), W3YX (OH), K4WNW (VA) & W0PWA (IA) on 7/29/07 on 50305 Mhz.  Previous to that I worked my friend
Keith K5KB who is local here in New Orleans (LA) on 50300 MHz.

I would very much like to work all states on six meters.  Doing some antenna work here this spring and hope to have a 6-meter yagi
up about 70 feet when everything is completed.

I'd like to spend more time on six meters.  Maybe if we get enough interested, we can create a six-meter RTTY calling frequency like
50300 or 50305 and flock to those frequencies when the band is open.  Right now I'm using my D4 dipole on six meters, but my A3S
works on six as well with a tuner.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com