[RTTY] Contesting RTTY software and hardware

Ross rbiggar at ihug.co.nz
Fri May 2 02:09:22 EDT 2008

Two questions for all,
(a) what is considered to be the best contesting software for RTTY?

(b) What is the best hardware to assist with very quck centering on the signal and assist decoding.?

I relaise that programs such as Writelog have a built inengine such as MMTTY, and Mixw also will decode quite well,
but I find them quite slow incentering a staion.
Is there any external hardware that can assist.

I currently use an Orion II, and shortly an Elecraft K3, both are/will be interfaced to the computer/s by US Navigator interfaces.

Advice comments certainly appreciated

Ross
ZL1WN