[RTTY] Contesting RTTY software and hardware

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Fri May 2 09:55:45 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Ross <rbiggar at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> Two questions for all,
>  (a) what is considered to be the best contesting software for RTTY?

What is the best car?  Waaaay to broad a quiestion.  I think it's N1MM
+ MMTTY.  Others will think differently.

>  (b) What is the best hardware to assist with very quck centering on the signal and assist decoding.?
>
>  I relaise that programs such as Writelog have a built inengine such as MMTTY, and Mixw also will decode quite well,
>  but I find them quite slow incentering a staion.

>  Is there any external hardware that can assist.

Yes!  My IC746PRO has a large knob to the right of center that allows
me to quickly center a station.  :-)  :-)

"The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government
strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and
a people strong enough and well enough informed to
maintain its sovereign control over its government." - FDR