[RTTY] Signal on 10.101 RTTY?

Ekki Plicht (DF4OR) ep at plicht.de
Thu Oct 2 18:20:11 EDT 2008

On Thu, 10/2/08, David Wilburn <dave.wilburn at verizon.net> wrote:
> There is currently a signal on 10.101, here in VA.  It is much like
> RTTY but with a 425 hz spacing.  I tried changing to this setting for
> the mark spacing, and text was displayed, but it was no comprehensible
> characters.  Could someone please let me know what this is?

It's the German Weather Service. Set your decoder to 50 Baud, 450 Hz spacing
and you can easily read it, it's Baudot code. The contents are synoptic
weather bulletins and occasional clear text weather forecasts and other
stuff.

They transmit from northern Germany, near Hamburg, with several transmitters
of around 1 to 10kW (20kW on longwave).

See below for other frequencies (in German):

http://www.dwd.de/bvbw/generator/Sites/DWDWWW/Content/Oeffentlichkeit/TI/TI1/Informationstechnik/Datenverteilung/Broadcasting/Pinneberg/pdf/Sendeplan_20RTTY,templateId=raw,property=publicationFile.pdf/Sendeplan
RTTY.pdf

73,
Ekki, DF4OR