[RTTY] Ahh, the sound...

Barry Fox foxbw at comcast.net
Sat Sep 13 19:53:22 EDT 2008

Back when the earth was flat (1968), I went to work for RCA Computer
Systems.
The human interface (keyboard) on the 3301 computer was a much-modified IBM
Selectric typewriter.  When our main customer upgraded to a Spectra/70
system,
the I/O device became a Model 33 in a custom designed RCA cabinet.  Us
service
techs went to an IBM school to learn how to service the Selectric
(AWFUL machine in that application) but for the Model 33 we let Teletype
Corp
people service them.  Smart plan we all agreed.
Any old RCA CSR's out there?
Barry - W1HFN