[RTTY] CQ WW RTTY Practice Run Exchange

Dick Kriss aa5vu at arrl.net
Thu Sep 25 23:29:49 EDT 2008

I tried the CQ WW RTTY practice run with a new to me
beta logging program and I was sending 599 TX 04 and
most (not all) were sending 599 Zone State per the rules.

It is easy for me to change the macro to send 599 04 TX;
however, the Cabrillo file will show up as 599 TX 04 and
the received reports will be in the same format.

The beta program cannot be changed in time for the CQ
WW RTTY contest so I will change the macro to send reports
in the format others expect and try to sort things out later.

Something tells me the robot may barf on the Cabrillo
format for the exchange. From my practice .cbr file:

------
QSO: 14000 RY 2008-09-26 0209 AA5VU  599 TX 04  W6WRT  599 CA 03
-----

73 Dick AA5VU