[RTTY] CQ WW KS0M

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 29 11:54:04 EDT 2008

CQ WW RTTY       SOAB LOW
 Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty   ZN    Sec
   3.5       2      2    1    2    2
     7      55      82   11    9   24
    14     173     455   59   21   17
 Total     230     539   71   32   43
Score: 78,694

I was able to put in a little more time that usual for this one. Using 100
watts helped lessen the "AGN" macros from the other operator. My thanks to
all who worked me, the first timers and the regulars.

On logs being rejected by the checker, I see something that might add to the
confusion. The paragraph below is copied from the 2008 rules:
>VII. Exchange: Stations operating within the 48 continental United States
and the 14 Canadian areas transmit RS(T) report
>plus State or Area (Canada only) plus CQ Zone. All other stations transmit
RS(T) and CQ Zone.

The Cabrillo checker apparently is asking for ZONE STATE while the rules say
STATE ZONE. Easy to look at the rules and set up that way but not complying
with the Cabrillo checker. However, if you check further into the 2008
rules, there is an example of the Cabrillo log to be sent in. It does show
that ZONE STATE is the correct way for your Cabrillo log to be set up. I
guess we all should take the time to read the complete rules and try to
comply.

See you in the next one or just to chat.

73  Dick  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26 at sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M