[RTTY] CQWW exchange

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Mon Sep 29 13:07:17 EDT 2008

I am not worried about the CQ and the TU exchange as I am about the report exchange.

I believe that we need to talk to the software authors about their formatting.  Here is a few examples:

1.  .....K0BX de 6Y5GT  -> no need for the dots but a lot of stations sent this.  So I would believe it is coming from one software package?

2.  K0BX de 6Y5GT        ur      599  599      zone 8      8    8   bk
-> It looks like the window that sets up the micros is converting tabs to spaces so there is 8 spaces between elements.  I saw this from several stations.  Again, it is not the user but the software package.

3.  Education.  It would be nice is before the contest everyone would go over to www.rttycontesting.com  and copy and paste the micros from the contest pulldown.  So if you are helping someone, please tell them to go to that website and read it.  It is most helpful.

4. Along with the above, I would rather have someone get on with all kinds of formats and mistakes than not get on at all.  Not all of us know what USOS and CR/LF means. Hi Hi.  What do you think?

Joe K0BX

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without my permission.