[RTTY] BARTG HF Contest

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Wed Apr 1 02:27:45 PDT 2009

Steve, whose call is ZC4LI :)))))   wrote:
"Last week in February
First or third week in November"

Last weekend in February = NAQP RTTY
First or third weekend in November = ARRL Sweepstakes

And I will comment about "the requisite that stations use a portable
designator when operating from a different call district."  I'm sure that
those that are effected by this requirement, will think differently, but I
feel very strongly about a station "being in a call area that is designated
by their call sign", especially when call sign areas are multipliers! There
are some stations, that are effected by this rule requirement, have publicly
stated: "I will not operate in any contest with this rule requirement",
which is certainly their option! Several years ago, I suggested to John,
GW4SKA, that BARTG  strictly enforce that portion of the rules. I found,
when entering the BARTG log into my "regular" logging program, that I had
received several, unwarranted, call area multipliers, because those stations
were not following that particular part of the rules. At this point in the
sunspot cycle, the possibility of me working an "8 or 9" multiplier, on 10
or 15 meters, that is actually in "8 or 9" land, is remote at best. The
possibility of me working an "8 or 9" multiplier, that is actually in "5,6,
or 7" call area, is far better? I'm not sure what percentage of BARTG, or
any other contest that has the same requirement, participate in LoTW, but
I've read many, many post regarding the "ease" of obtaining a LoTW
certificate, so with that in mind, how does obtaining a separate LoTW
certificate pertain to a rules change request?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW