[RTTY] fldgi

Ron DeBlock rdeblock at att.net
Sat Apr 4 15:15:33 PDT 2009

Dick Kriss wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 14:43:56 -0700 (PDT)
>> From: david greig <daven3buo at att.net>
>> Subject: [RTTY] fldigi
>> To: rtty at contesting.com
>>
>> Is anyone using fldigi with Ubuntu 8.10?  For some reason the only way I can
>> get it to work is in reverse.  If I switch to Windows and use mmtty everything
>> is fine no reverse. If I use gMFSK everything works with out reverse.
>>
>>  Dave Greig
>> N3BUO
>
> David N3BUO
>
> I have been using fldigi v3.10 under Mac OSX, not Ubuntu, but I am not sure
> what you mean about the only way you can get to work is in reverse.   I
> prefer to run AFSK RTTY in LSB but was cautioned to only use USB with
> fldigi.  Not sure I understand why but it works so I am not messing with it.
>
> 73 Dick AA5VU

fldigi is programmed for correct AFSK mark and space tones assuming the
radio is in USB mode (DM780 works the same way).  So if you have the
radio in LSB, you must use reverse tones.  This is opposite of MMTTY and
many other programs that assume that the radio is in LSB for AFSK RTTY .

As long as the mark and space frequencies sent over the air are correct,
it doesn't matter which way you do it.   Personally, I always run AFSK
RTTY in USB-D on my IC-746Pro.  I select Reverse or not as appropriate
for the software I am running at the time.

73,
-Ron KR2D