[RTTY] Affordable PCI sound card recommendations?

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Wed Feb 4 23:36:53 EST 2009

Hi Bob,

The problem was that weaker signals were not decoding (cleanly). It's
difficult to quantify, but judging by ear, the signals should have been
strong enough to fully copy. Changing from the on-board - most likely
AC97-based (I'm not at the site now) - interface to a couple of
different USB devices (an EMU-0202 and a Griffin iMic2) cleared the
problem right up - those weaker signals started decoding just fine.

I think I'm going to go for something in the sound blaster line. I'd
like to have something that does most of the work in hardware, rather
than a software codec - it just seems like that might be more reliable.

Thanks for the input... and for Qs in a bunch of recent contests :)

     ~Iain / N6ML