[RTTY] K5D RTTY logging

David Levine david at levinecentral.com
Thu Feb 26 05:14:46 PST 2009

I made 2 RTTY contacts with them and both showed up fine following the site
logs being updated. My RTTY contacts were in the 1st half of their
operations. I know others in my club had all their RTTY contacts show up but
a couple reported some SSB contacts not showing up. I think in all cases
they worked them again and those contacts showed up. In my case all contacts
on CW, SSB and RTTY showed up and from what I have heard from other club
members, other then a couple of isolated incidents, everyone's contacts
where there.

My 2 RTTY contacts with them on 15 and 17m were the hardest contacts for me
to get with them. I had an extremely easy time getting the CW and SSB
contacts with none taking more then 5 mins and a couple on the 1st call. I'm
running 100w into a G5RV so it's not due to a 100 foot tower, yagi antenna
and 1.5kw of power.

I'd like to say you should remain optimistic but they seemed to be pretty
thorough in everything they did. Every operator I listened to and worked was
just outstanding. I did hear of one SSB op that really stirred the pot from
2 club members but maybe he was having a bad day. Besides the individuals
that were on the air, the communications through the web site was just
outstanding. From where I sit, an extremely well run DXpedition.

Good luck with getting things straightened out.

David - K2DSL