[RTTY] Fwd: RTTY Roundup WK6I(@WC6H) Single Op HP

jeff stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 00:49:06 EST 2009

Probably not ready to write about this, very tired. But had a GREAT
time! Very obvious a lot of new people on this time - it showed by the
activity, the plethora of 5NNs, and the, um, creative exchanges. Memo
to everyone: just because your software CAN do it, doesn't mean you
have to USE it! But I'm not complaining - I'll take this quirky level
of activity anytime!

But if any of you know any of those folks that insist on 1) sending
the exchange in response to CQ all at once with their call and/or 2)
sending my call 3 times and their call once in response to my CQ
and/or 3) sending 599 or 5NN multiple times; please take them under
your wing and show them the Right Way. Thanks. But under no
circumstances should you discourage them from future participation!

I'd like to thank Rich WC6H for having no interest in RTTY and for
building a perfect station 40 minutes from me. The big difference in
my score from last last year is that this year the balun on his 40m
yagi was NOT destroyed by 100 mph winds right before the RU. It shows.
During the first 14 hours I was averaging over 100 Qs per hour. That's
just amazing, never experienced anything like that on RTTY. I think I
had made my WAS (+DC) within the 1st 8 hours, just running. Last state
was SD, though there was no shortage of them.

Thanks to everyone for driving this new level of participation! jeff wk6i

                  ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WK6I
Operator(s): WK6I
Station: WC6H

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24.0
Radios: SO2R

------------
 80:  182
 40:  575
 20:  833
 15:  421
 10:
Total: 2011  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 40  Total Score = 197,078

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Jeff Stai - jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery - http://www.twistedoak.com/
Winery Blog - http://www.elbloggotorcido.com/