[RTTY] EQSL

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Fri Jan 16 13:43:13 EST 2009

Al,

No, the system works different than you described in your message below.

The eQSL system DOES automatic matching. If both sides of the QSO match,
it's an automatic confirmation and you don't have to do anything. You agree
and
the other station agrees you had a contact on that date, time, band, and
mode.

However, if one side or the other does NOT match, then the fellow receiving
the request will see there is a non-matching QSL request. You don't have to
do anything at this point. The other fellow will never get any credit. You
can
reject his request, but all that does is clean up your inbox (a good idea).
You
will never see that request again.

Or you can look at the request and maybe see he (or you) logged the wrong
band but everything else is correct (date, time, mode, callsigns). You have
the option to send him a message and discuss "what is wrong". One of you
probably logged the wrong band. If you come to a consensus, the guilty
party can update that QSO. It might be you, it might be him/her.

The system works great for honest people. Now, if a XX9XX card were
to show up in your inbox for an 80m CW contact and all you had to do was
accept it, what would most people do? That's the temptation that is
eliminated
by the double blind LoTW system. You would never know that confirmation
request was sitting there waiting for you.

There is no difference than the XX9XX card showing up in your mailbox one
day. You can decide to use it for an award or not. Honest people would not.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN