[RTTY] LOTW

Bill Gillenwater gillie at pa.net
Thu Jan 22 10:26:45 EST 2009

I've had a few inquiries about my 33 percent QSL rate. Let me break it down
a little bit.

If you look back to the older QSO's, the rate of confirmation via LOTW is
very low, however, as you get into the more recent years, the rate climbs
each and every year. I know that makes good sense, but I didn't want to
mislead anyone about the confirm rate. I figure the current rate of
confirmations is over 50 percent. The TriplePlay award has really increased
the domestic LOTW rate. The 7000+ confirmations out of 21000+ entries is
what sells me on LOTW, especially when it's over a 20+ year span. My
suggestion is, if you have your logs on a computer logging program, go ahead
and load them into LOTW, it's pretty straight forward. There is no cost to
you unless you want to get "credit" for a qso that you need for an award and
it keeps track of the awards for you.

73 Bill K3SV