[RTTY] Best program

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 23:47:54 EST 2009

I split the audio out of the PRO III to a Gateway 2000 150 mHz LT running a DOS evaluation copy of RITTY and ran MixW, MMTTY and MultiPak one at a time along side of it on 20m this afternoon. MMTTY was best just using standard mode so then I tried the newer profiles one at a time.

I give it to RITTY hands down. RITTY copied much more accurately on weak and fading signals, plus it had spaces where some of the other programs ran things together.

I will try additional tests on weak DX, if there is ever any on.

BTW, my intention is to RX only with RITTY as MMTTY with N1MM seems darn good for most Qs.

Rick, N 6 Professional Engineer