[RTTY] BARTG Sprint Rules Questions

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 13:11:46 EST 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:53:49 -0600, Peter Laws <plaws0 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Another thing that the League should add is an input filter that will
>not allow QSOs to be uploaded if they lack location info.

REPLY:

Yes, I agree. In fact, I would like the ARRL to create a "wizard", as
Microsoft calls it, which would take one through the whole procedure,
step by step including location. You would start with an adif file and
the wizard would create the appropriate info and append it to the file
which would then be ready for uploading. The wizard could include
real-time verification of your LoTW account with the ARRL and anything
that doesn't match would be immediately flagged and the upload could
not take place until everything was correct.

Done properly, this would eliminate many of the issues we have been
discussing.

73, Bill W6WRT