[RTTY] Software

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 11:49:13 EST 2009

The various discussions prompted by my question regarding RTTY hardware/software have been very informative.

My comment regarding free/broken/copied software is that I typically only use the free software. However, I did buy MixW and use it for some modes.

I have a shoebox full of purchased software that is no longer supported. I paid anywhere from $30-$100 for a lot of programs that became useless as Windows and hardware changed and the makers no longer supplied updates. I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about MixW at this point.

Hats off to the hardworking guys that support the free programs like Logger32 and N1MM.

Rick, N6PE