[RTTY] USB to Serial Convertors

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 16:02:21 PDT 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:48:57 -0400, Phil Sussman <psussman at pactor.com> wrote:

>Transactions with PAYPAL are NOT protected under US law because
>PAYPAL is NOT a bank they are a "money transfer agent" and as such are
>immune from compliance with US Rules and Regs. In other words, PAYPAL
>can seize your funds (for any reason they desire) and you have no
>recourse. (e.g. EBAY and PAYPAL maintain exclusive financial control)

REPLY:

I don't want to start a debate over PayPal, but in all fairness, PayPal did me
good one time. I bought something from a private party - not on eBay - and to
make a long story short, he tried to screw me. I filed a complaint and PayPal
refunded my money.

Try getting that kind of service from a bank checking account!

73, Bill W6WRT