[RTTY] DOSBOX

Arsk0jn at aol.com Arsk0jn at aol.com
Mon Jun 8 18:02:24 PDT 2009

A couple more items to add to Bill's excellent summary. RITTY doesn't work
well (if at all) unless it's run on a "slow" CPU. The 2 computers I have it
 running on have a 200 MHz and 500 MHz processor. The 500 MHz runs under
Windows 2000 (self installed). If you're having problems getting it to run
try:  1) changing the operating system configuration to Windows 98 or 2) go
into  DOS mode and boot it up from the file folder. In either case I think
you'll need  a slow running CPU. I seem to recall from discussions many years
ago, that  around 1 GHz it won't work.
Good luck,
Joe Nemecek, K0JN
steps!