[RTTY] Fun, but

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Mar 1 11:32:08 PST 2009

> > 3.  I have been seeing a lot of bragging about 1 new rig where
> > you can get 30 cycles next to another station and not be bothered
> > by them.   But, you do bother us.
>
> I think I know which rig you are talking about since it is
> one of the transceivers that I own.
>
> If it is this particular model, the situation that you have
> witnessed  is compounded by the problem that this rig is known
> to [[ currently ]] put out an abnormally wide spectrum of RTTY
> keyclicks, created by glitches in the FSK envelope.  I have
> measured it myself under controlled conditions.  It will improve
> over time, but you have to live with it for now.

The issue is with AFSK not FSK.  The first fix was released in
the pubic beta software (MCU 2.82/DSP 2.00) dated 9 Feb 2009
and includes a transmit BPF (CONFIG:AFSK TX).

Additional improvements to the DSP modulation are present in
the current limited beta that have fixed the interaction with
DUAL PB that was causing the DSP glitch.

Of course none if this makes any difference if your old
receiver folds when another station moves in 100 Hz away.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV