[RTTY] Fun, but

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 00:23:34 PST 2009

Kok Chen wrote:
>From the FT-1000MP on, the FSK keying signal disappears into a DDS
>chip, presumably to generate direct FSK. But who knows what kind of FSK
>wave shaping occurs inside the chip :-)

 From the designers who brought us the "ten-year key clicks"?  Let me
guess now...

Another point about AFSK is that, to achieve its full potential, the
drive level needs to be adjusted quite carefully when hopping from band
to band.  That isn't a promising scenario for the later hours of a
contest, which is why in principle I prefer FSK - it may not be the very
best on some rigs, but it won't be truly awful like badly adjusted AFSK,
and it *will* be consistent.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek