[RTTY] Mak RTTY Contest bogus logs

B. Smith billn3xl at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 06:36:56 PDT 2009

Marc,
I haven't seen any recently, but over the years I have seen very few suspicious QSLs. If I was active at the time, I try to figure out what happened and reject the QSL for the appropriate reason, or in some cases, I find that I had miscopied a call sign and I correct my log to fix that problem.  I would think that any user receiving a lot of rejects could easily be flagged in the system and any significant "padding" activity could be identified by eQSL. But probably more importantly, it takes careless confirmations to facilitate any fraudulent QSLs. So in great measure, EQSL is a self-policing system.

73,
Bill N3XL