[RTTY] Mak RTTY Contest bogus logs

John Barber GW4SKA ska at bartg.org.uk
Tue Oct 13 11:07:31 PDT 2009

Marc,

Don't worry too much about this. As Bill N3XL rightly says, it is
self-policing, both in the need to get confirmation on QSLs and also when
contest logs are presented for checking. The contest managers will soon pick
up any padding and bounce the log out.

I have only seen this happen twice in the last ten years with BARTG contest
logs. Both stations were disqualified and I have not seen either of them on
the screen in any contest since then. It is certainly NOT normal procedure!
There are also a few regular RTTY contesters who post big scores on the 3830
list but never have as big a score when they submit logs, but that's another
issue.

John GW4SKA
BARTG Contest Manager