[RTTY] K4M on RTTY

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 23:30:21 PDT 2009

Ed Muns wrote:
>> I couldn't print K4M on 30 meters this morning well enough to
>> call. The news from Midway has been sparse to say the least.
>> Does anybody have a clue if and when K4M might come up on 17
>> or 20 meter RTTY for NA? I can't spend my entire life sitting
>> in the shack waiting.
>
>Two good resources to address your question:
>
>1.  DX Summit ... K4M was on 18.1 MHz RTTY from 03-06Z, then 10.14 MHz RTTY
>from 07-14Z last night/morning.  Quickly scanning the K4M spots during that
>time period will reveal when stations in your geography were working them.
>Often there are signal reports in the comments.
>
>2.  K4M web site bar graphs ... Consult the bar graphs of QSOs made by hour
>per band for your CQ Zone.
>
>Ed - W0YK

3. The K4M online log shows when the most QSOs have been made from your
CQ zone.

Go to: http://www.clublog.org/charts/?c=K4M

Enter your call and click "Find QSOs"  (Hey KU0A, that's a fine spread
of green check marks!)

Then click on one of the red links in:
"Propagation: Click for the best time to work K4M from UNITED STATES
(Z4) or from CQ zone 4"

These are not propagation predictions - they are the best times as seen
from K4M's own logs.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek