[RTTY] Zone sent as letters?

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 23:08:35 PDT 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 01:25:05 -0400, Phil Sussman <psussman at pactor.com> wrote:

>For things to work correctly USOS must be in sync, and things
>like this happen when they are not. That's why I use the - sign
>between characters 599-04-OH.

REPLY:

This has truly been beat to death over the years, but it really is best to NOT
use the hyphen because that defeats USOS.  USOS is a great feature, but both TX
and RX stations have to have it enabled to do its magic. If only one is using
it, weird things happen. Fortunately, MMTTY enables it by default. Someone must
have turned it off at the original poster's station.

73, Bill W6WRT