[RTTY] N1MM and MMTTY problem

Bill Axelrod bill at axelrods.org
Mon Apr 19 12:19:22 PDT 2010

I recently migrated from a Windows XP computer to a Windows 7 new computer.
Everything worked fine as I had screen shots of all the configuration
screens and moved a copy of the old n1mm.ini files to the new computer.  At
least I thought so.

That is, until I tried to set up for a SO2R RTTY contest.  I found I am
having trouble with N1MM and MMTTY.

I have two installations of MMTTY, each in a separate directory (folder,
library, whatever) named MMTTY1 and MMTTY2.  Just like I had on the old XP
machine.  The path is set correctly in N1MM with digital window 1 linked to
MMTTY1 and digital window 2 set to MMTTY2.  That worked fine on the old
machine.

Must have missed a setting somewhere on the N1MM installation on my new
computer.  When I start digital window 1, MMTTY1 starts up and everything
works.  When I open digital window 2, MMTTY2 fails to initialize.  Same if I
reverse the process.  If I start digital window 2 first, MMTTY2 starts up
and everything works.  When I open digital window 1, MMTTY1 fails to
initialize.  In other words, I can get only one instance of MMTTY running
under N1MM.  Meaning I can not do RTTY SO2R yet.

Playing around, If I do not start N1MM, I can open the two separate
instances of MMTTY from their respective directories.  Both run and control
the separate radios okay simultaneously.

I am using the MK2R+ as my interface.

Any ideas on what I may be missing?  Or missed in the setup?

Thanks and 73...   Bill ND9E