[RTTY] To the Reflector

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 15:17:04 PDT 2010

To the group:

First, I am sorry for all the aggravation caused by my unsubscribing
W4TV. I realize Joe has a lot of people who believe he is a very
helpful asset to the group, and believe it or not, so do I.

However.... his personally abusive attacks on me which he was
attempting to post to the reflector began to cross over the line of
decency. No reflector or discussion group I know allows that kind of
personal attack and that's why I finally unsubscribed him after
several warnings.

Had the abusive emails been private to me, I would not have cared.
Water off a duck's back. But posted publicly - that's a different
matter.

And let me say it one last time:  I have NEVER blocked any of his
emails just because they had opinions different from mine, despite
what he says. Only when attacks became personal were they blocked.

So I am going to fix things as best I can. I am gong to re-subscribe
Joe and hope he comes back to the reflector and acts like a gentleman.
I am NOT going to put him on moderated status. If he chooses to act
vile, it will be there for everyone to see.

Joe does not accept emails from me, so would someone please forward
him this message? His email is lists at subich.com   Thank you.

And finally, I want to thank the dozen or so people who emailed me
privately applauding my action. I want what's best for the reflector
and I hope I am doing the right thing.

FYI - nobody on this reflector is moderated.

73, Bill W6WRT
RTTY List Administrator at contesting.com