[RTTY] MMTTY long tail solution?

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 10:10:16 PST 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 13:59:39 -0800, "Jack Wiebe" <parbuster at telus.net>
wrote:

>My current version of MMTTY ver 1.65D seems to have acquired an
>especially long tail at the ends of each xmssion.  Does anyone
>recall an earlier posting for a solution to this problem?

REPLY:

The default macros that come with MMTTY include an underscore at the end
of themacro. Delete that and try again.

Also, if you are using MMTTY with another program such as Writelog, be
sure you have either software PTT or hardware PTT selected. Having both
selected at the same time will lead to a long tail at the end of the
macro.

73, Bill W6WRT