[RTTY] XE Contest

DONALD A HILL aa5au at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 5 14:17:53 PST 2010

In 2002 I placed first NA single op (2nd World) and in 2005 I placed first NA (3rd World) in SO2R category and never received any awards.  It's one thing to say "OK, we're going to have a contest but there will be no awards".

But it's another thing to put this in your rules:

9.- AWARDS: Original certificates will be awarded to the three first places DXCC and Mexico stations on each category. Also, recognition to first place in each DXCC country and in each Mexico state when sufficient score is obtained."

And not send awards...

It's a shame.  Luckily, RTTY contests are more than awards.  We'll get to practice for WPX and NAQP and meet new and old friends again.

73, Don AA5AU