[RTTY] Radio stops sending messages

KC4HW kc4hw at centurytel.net
Sat Feb 13 08:50:19 PST 2010

I did check MMTTY, MISC, and USB PORT is selected for C: Limiting
Speed.

I am not sure that I understand about the PTT in MMTTY and not the
Writelog PTT ont he CW port????

My setup is:

MK2R+, router 7.2.4
FT-2000D, CAT on COM3 and FSK on COM5 (ptt checked) showing
45 5N1.5

Writelog, v 10.69D, with SETUP, PORTS:
COM3, YAESUE FT-2000, 4800, POLL CHECKED, Comm PTT: YES
COM5, No Rig, AUTO, POLL CHECKED, Comm PTT: Yes

MMTTY v 1.66G
I could not find a PTT setting in MMTTY and I thought that Writelog or
Router handled the PTT function.

The problem:  Is that the the radio is unkeying before the message is
completed.  It does not unkey at the same place in the message
everytime and sometimes not at all.  But it does it more times than not.
Actually, MMTTY shows that the message is still transmitting, so does
the MK2R+ with the CW/FSK and PTT LEDs, but the radio will unkey
before the message is completed.

Still need some help.  Anyone got any suggestion.

Thanks in advance

Jim/KC4HW