[RTTY] KR7X-2010 CQWW WPX RTTY

Hank Lonberg kr7x1 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 09:35:49 PST 2010

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KR7X
Operator(s): KR7X
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

   80:  145   350
   40:  431  1338
   20:  903  1942
   15:  370   625
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total: 1849  4255  Prefixes = 678  Total Score = 2,884,890

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The third RTTY Test for this season from Smoke Ranch Health
Spa and Resort. The hosts, Brad and Ruth, were at there
hospitable best as always. Thanks again for letting me mess up
Valentines Weekend with this insanity.

This was the best showing by far of any RTTY operation here in
the last two years. Thanks to "ol Sol" for helping out this
time. Conditions were fantistic for once on Saturday and
Sunday on 20 and 15 meters to keep things fun.

The goal was to best last years 1400+ qsos and 1.5 million
points by 25%. The sunspots sure helped the cause and I am
very pleased with the results from up here in the wilds of NW
Oregon. The stations played well with no significant issues
with the equipment, 1 FT1000 Mk V and 1 K3 utilizing microHam
MK2R+ SO2R Controller with Win-Test. Next time will tryout
N1MM as the contest software to get a feel for how it performs
on RTTY.

My thanks to all who stopped by to give a Q and to all the
fine operators, both old hands and new to rtty, without you
and the sun we would be doing something else. It was great fun
and not too bad of a way to spend a weekend.

Ciao and 73

Hank / KR7X