[RTTY] SO2R in WPX RTTY

RW4WZ rw4wz at udm.net
Wed Feb 17 10:06:55 PST 2010

> How does the SO2R have any more frequency than the SO1R,
> there can be only one signal at any time so the station
> doesn't occupy any more frequency on each band that is being
> worked as a SO1R on each particular band. As far as being
> inconsiderate, how is it inconsiderate if the station is
> trying to put in a serious effort, rate is king that is why
> SO2R is used, I believe it is called a contest with scoring
> and such. SO2R is an operating technique to maximize the
> number of possible Q's in a given time period.

Henk, how You will explain me the following things. During the last RTTY WPX
three times I try to call stations cqing with +20 db level and didn't get
the answer.
For me it is clear that those SO2R stations just keep their run frq while
made QSO
somewhere else. It is no way to be consider that they could make qso in 2-3
seconds
pause in CQ. They just hold the freq.! Once it was funny when we made qso on
this freq
with other station  calling this guy with out any protest from him ;)
I know that You and many others do not use such a practice, but I met such a
way to
maximize the score so often in every contest. That's why I'm for the
separate the SO2R
from other groups. Let them compete with each other.

73!

Larry

RW4WZ