[RTTY] Multi function mice

W70m at aol.com W70m at aol.com
Wed Feb 17 14:23:01 PST 2010

Phil

Mark sent me the note below.  I am pretty sure others are  having success
as well.  So will look at multi-functional programmable mice  for the shack
here.

73

Rod  W7OM

I use a fairly simple one, with one button (as well as pressing the wheel)
for ESC and the
other extra button for ALT-W (clear callsign in  N1MM).  I find I've become
so ingrained
with hitting ESC on the  keyboard that I don't use it as much as I thought.
With N1MM
and ESM,  with right click sends enter, most of the actions are driven from
the mouse  so
I don't usually use the keyboard for anything except odd calls that call
parsing did not
decode or of course ESC.

I use a Logitech  USB  MX518 mouse.  I also used a wireless microsoft mouse
but  it
was a 27Mhz variety and seemed to get confused sometimes.

Mark  n2qt

In a message dated 2/17/2010 9:15:56 P.M. GMT Standard Time,