[RTTY] Kenwood IF filters ???

WS7I ws7i at ewarg.org
Fri Feb 19 08:12:04 PST 2010

I have used stacked 250 Hz filters for over 20 years in RTTY contesting and they just simply work.

Had them in old Icom 751's and the Kenwood 850 which I used for a while. I have them in the Yaesu FT-1000D even tho I add to add the final one as it didn't come stock with it.

I do have a 350 Hz filter in my Icom 706 as I tried them both and liked that one as I use it for DXing and DXpeditions as well as contesting.

I do use 500 Hz for most DXing.

From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why at verizon.net>
Date:  Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:52:26 -0800