[RTTY] 30M

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Sat Feb 20 12:47:33 PST 2010

> From: Phil Snyder <n9lah at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] 30M
> To: rtty at contesting.com
>
> I have an SGC237 feed inverted "L" that is OK on 160 but rocks on 30. I
> CQ often. It's really hit or miss some days I have to quit tend to my
> other duties around the house as others are still answering. I think
> there are lots of lurkers out there on 30 RTTY , somebody just needs to
> start calling to get them going.
>
> Phil
> N9LAH

Phil N9LAH,

After reading your note, I tried my 160 Meter Inverted-L on 30 meters
and the SWR was terrible.  I have have good luck on 30 Meters using
an extra set of wires added to the W9INN 40-80 dipole. As a bonus it
has a good match on six meters as well. Just waiting for a band opening
to do RTTY at ~50.300 MHz.

Dick AA5VU