[RTTY] 30M

Ed w3nr at comcast.net
Sun Feb 21 05:10:43 PST 2010

Dick Kriss wrote:
>> From: Phil Snyder <n9lah at comcast.net>
>> Subject: Re: [RTTY] 30M
>> To: rtty at contesting.com
>>
>> I have an SGC237 feed inverted "L" that is OK on 160 but rocks on 30. I
>> CQ often. It's really hit or miss some days I have to quit tend to my
>> other duties around the house as others are still answering. I think
>> there are lots of lurkers out there on 30 RTTY , somebody just needs to
>> start calling to get them going.
>>
>> Phil
>> N9LAH
>
> Phil N9LAH,
>
> After reading your note, I tried my 160 Meter Inverted-L on 30 meters
> and the SWR was terrible.  I have have good luck on 30 Meters using
> an extra set of wires added to the W9INN 40-80 dipole. As a bonus it
> has a good match on six meters as well. Just waiting for a band opening
> to do RTTY at ~50.300 MHz.
>
> Dick AA5VU

I've used a variety of 30 meter verticals. All have performed well over
the years. I could easily tune my Battlecreek Special on 30.

I find that EU is open from here most mornings and late afternoons.

K5D on RTTY was the last DXepedition in the log. But I'm closing in fast
on 300 on CW.

Personally I think 30 is a great band, it needs to be used more,
especially RTTY and other digi modes.

Ed W3NR