[RTTY] Am I Set Up Correctly?

Ken Alexander k.alexander at rogers.com
Fri Jan 1 20:41:34 PST 2010

I'm setting up MMTTY for AFSK operation with my K2 in preparation for the RTTY RU this weekend.  I'm a total rookie.

I have the Mark set at 1000 Hz so that received signals are in my K2's filter passband; the RTTY filters were configured centered on 1000 Hz.

However, I tried transmitting and noticed that the Mark tone on transmit is 2125 Hz and reverts back to 1000 Hz on receive.  It looks to me like I'm inadvertently operating split, but I don't see a setting in MMTTY that controls the Mark tone on transmit.  Is there one?  Am I OK and just don't know it?  Or do I really have to stay on LSB and use the wide SSB filters?

Thanks in advance.

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS